Thursday, March 5, 2015

A BEAUTIFUL Sunday and the rest of my week

Sunday, March 1, 2015

It has taken a week to feel good after my first round of ICE. Today has been so beautiful. Started by watching my baby girl (23yo) play soccer, began to paint Brandon's thrift find loft bed while hubby was making new drawers to replace those missing. Funny thing, this bed cost $50 and the wood to make new drawers was over $80. Such an awesome find and he will have this bed for years. Made Giada's mixed berry and thyme jam. Can't wait for berry season to really have a punch of fresh picked berry taste. Finally, glued together my serving tray with the wine corks that have been sitting in it for more than a year and lastly have a chicken casserole in the oven. Thanks to the wonderful Patterson Mom's Club and the many freezer meals they provided to us.


Thursday March 5, 2015

I have been busy taking my Nuprogen shots again. As a reminder, this medicine kicks the crap out of my marrow to produce white blood cells. The doc has me taking one shot per day for seven days. The side effects have mostly been headaches, I really dislike headaches. These last couple of days I have felt terrible joint and muscle pain. How lovely to finally be able to escape the insomnia of chemo only to be replaced with horrible pain to keep me awake at night. Did my sarcasm come across in that last sentence? I hope so?

I'll take my labs later today and I can only imagine the insanely high number of white cells I will have. Dr appointment tomorrow. Hoping she can move my date with the hospital up by at least one day. Robert would really like to have me home by Sunday so he can spend at least one day with his sickly wife taking care of her.

Pinterest, whomever created this very addicting site was a genius. I have been able to stay away for a long time, but what else is there to do when you are sick, laying in bed? You got it, explore Pinterest and the never ending ideas posted daily. Today I found a bread machine recipe for Hawaiian sweet bread. What a great addition to tonight's dinner. Talapia, broccoli, salad and fresh made bread.

Well, it's lunch time and I still need to get some laundry done and hope to deep clean our shower.


1 comment:

  1. Those muscle pains just have a way of really impeding you when you least want to be. They then start to occupy more than a bit of your time. It's just right that you have kept to your medications and appointments, and have been committed enough to get them, though additional treatments and examinations can help you as well. Thanks for sharing that, Deanna! Take care always!

    Hannah Holland @ BCA

    ReplyDelete