Monday, February 16, 2015

Post Chemo . . . . .

I wrote the below entry in December 2014. I wish I would have taken the time to publish it then. So I am posting it now and will follow up very quickly with what the next chapter has developed. Not a cancer free life yet, but additional very scary hurdles to jump.

It is barely over one month since my my last chemo treatment. CT Scan and PET Scan done with my oncologist advising I won't need another scan until March 2015. But how do I feel?

I have become more emotional than during treatment. Is it the fact that I am now in full blown menopause in my mid-40's or the overwhelming feeling of beginning the next chapter?

I think constantly about what I have been through in the past year. What my family has had to endure in 2014. I don't remember if I had said I was once a full time care giver of a now cancer survivor. Having experienced both sides of this horrible disease I can honestly say, that for me it was harder being the care giver. Someone else may have a different view, but I just think about what my family and friends have been through. With that said, there is no denying how difficult the past six months have been. The exhaustion, nausea, frustrations of needing help, not being able to work (my children would tell you I have always been a workaholic), and now? Now I have to begin the next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment