Thursday, October 23, 2014

Two more to go. .. . . . .


Friday October 17th, I had a PICC line placed in my upper arm. The experience was not as painful as I was anticipating. It was very interesting to watch the nurse use an ultra sound to first locate the vein she wanted and then watch as she used it to guide the PICC tube right where it needed to go. Of course, my veins wanted to shrink and hide, but she did a great job in keeping me comfortable.

Monday October 20th I had treatment without all the vomiting or nausea I was always working myself into. How wonderful to not have to worry about the many needle pokes. I really wanted to be able to complete all chemo with just an IV each time. I don't completely remember my reasoning, maybe just to say I did it? But why continue to suffer and make my nurses suffer trying to find a good vein?

I returned to the usual three plus days to recover. Today is Thursday and I am just fatigued and feeling "blah". I am so looking forward to having a good day tomorrow and begin to finally get my winter garden started. I am a little behind schedule but broccoli and cauliflower like the chilly weather we have coming very soon.

Well, two more treatments to go in this "Little Bump in the Road we call Life". I remind myself often that yes, I have Cancer, but Cancer does not have me.

Each day we are born again to start our life anew. What we do today is what matters most -- Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment