Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Today is a GOOD Day

 Today is a good day. Just a little queasy this morning and I have pretty good energy. Went for a run/walk late morning. I have a usual route I take from my home. It meanders through my neighborhood to the lake trail near my home. A round trip of just over five miles. I used to be able to run this route with ease, but am now happy to get about two miles of running completed and finish off with walking. Having the energy to move is the most important thing. The trail is very calming. If I go early in the morning it is not uncommon to see the herd of deer that live along the lake or wild turkey. 

















I decided today to let my on line family and friends know about my diagnosis and give access to this crazy blog I will be keeping. I have never been a person that keeps a journal or diary and I have found that writing things down really relieves a lot of stress, anxiety, and the sometimes "why me" thoughts. So, those of you reading along be prepared for the occasional outburst. And if you know me well, you know that I am not a patient person and this roller coaster is going to test me beyond what I can imagine today.

Each day is a new day and those days I feel good I will run and ride my bike. I will enjoy the days as if everything is normal.

My husband is the most amazing man I have ever known. Well, he has to be given the difficult person I can be to live with. hahahaha But really he is. Generous, handsome, patient, unselfish, etc etc etc. It would be hard for me to go through this without someone like him. I thank him everyday for everything he does.

2 comments:

  1. I love you so very much !!!
    I miss how close we once were
    Your in my prayers I'm here if you need me
    Be not afraid you got this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna, Im sorry to hear you have cancer. The part about you being angry about it does not surprise me! You are a feisty ball of fire and I believe you are going to kick this in the ass! Im here for your support but I refuse to feel sorry for you because your to prideful to have sorrow and sadness you are a beast! You will do this. On another note - I didnt know you cycled would love to go for a bike ride anytime with you! Get well !!!! When you get a chance look into team in training its a cycling group they ride for this cause I think you should do it next year as a goal! YES a goal for next year,,, :-)

    ReplyDelete