Tuesday, June 3, 2014

First Chemo Treatment

Well, yesterday was my first Chemo treatment. It was not as bad as I had anticipated. The nurses are great and I was there for less than three hours. I do not have a port or a picc line and hope I can do this entire process with out either.

I began to feel tired just as we were about home. AND then the nausea hit OMG I dislike that feeling more than anything. Zofran and Compazine became my good friends. I slept for most of the day and was able to eat a baked potato for dinner. The feeling of everything just feels wrong and blah never goes away.

It was nice to be able to sleep through the night. I woke up just as Robert was getting ready for work, about 3:30am needing more Zofran and was able to sleep for a few more hours.

All of a sudden everything smells different or stronger. Not in a bad way just more there. Strange. Another Compazine and soon I was able to enjoy coffee and oatmeal.

Shandee will be here soon. Cant wait to have her spending the day with me and crocheting should relax me.

Hope the rest of me day can remain status quo.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Deanna, I am so sorry to learn what you are going through. As you know, I do have an idea. You will be going through a lot but I can also assure you ( and I know you have been a caregiver in the past ) that you will learn SO much and more than that you will meet the most amazing people at chemo who will be there for you so you will never feel alone. I will continue to follow your journey and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You can do this! Pat Sobocinski

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi D, I so very sorry to hear about your illness. I know at an earlier time in your life you were on the other side of cancer, so you know the challenges you are about to face! However knowing you, your energy level, your dynamic personality and your big outlook on life... YOU will be fine! Dwayne and I will follow your journey an pray for you and with you along the way! --darleah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi D, I am so sorry to hear about your illness. Earlier in your life you were on the other side of this shitty as Cancer crap so you know the challenges you are about to face. However your high energy level, dynamic personality and great outlook on life will get you through this! We will follow along in this bump in the road and pray for you And with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for your encouragement. I think about you all often and that gives me strength when I am feeling at my worst.

    ReplyDelete