Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Rapids

You know those little games on Facebook that catches your attention every once in awhile? Who is your spirit musician? What's your tarot card name? Or any other little game such as that. Well I was given the tarot card name of Empress of Quiet Waters. Quiet Waters? Are you kidding me? I don't even understand the concept of quiet waters.

I tell myself to listen, listen for the quiet. Maybe I can make my rapids quiet? So, I sit listening, observing, trying to understand the quiet. I find a quote and reread it again and again -

"Allow us to be still, in the midst of what our minds cannot fully grasp, and what our lips cannot fully explain." -unknown

Nothing works. Winston Churchill said - "If you are going through hell - keep going."

I enjoy the rapids, the excitement they bring. The thrill of feeling alive as you are rushing up and over them. During this period of treatment I have struggled with the calm, the quiet, the slow down. This has been a very big lesson in letting go. I do not accept the tarot card name. I can never be Empress of Quiet Waters. I am a fierce grade 5 rapid ready to conquer. I am Spartacus preparing for my next great battle. The war is soon to begin.


A WARRIOR is not given that title because they fight just to fight.
A WARRIOR does not battle only when they know they can win.
A WARRIOR does not choose to fight merely for personal gain.
A WARRIOR fights even when the odds may be or seem insurmountable.
A WARRIOR Never Gives Up just because the rules have changed or the odds have turned.

A WARRIOR fights to not only attempt to win their own battle or battles, but to show future and current fighters that Life Is ALWAYS Worth Fighting For, even if it is just for an extra smile, hug, kiss, or one last chat to set our life's journey in order.









No comments:

Post a Comment